Volunteer for Ethiopia in October as we travel to Kenya (Oct 3rd-7th) and Ethiopia (Oct 10th-14th).
One of our focuses for Busia County, Kenya in 2016 is to train and develop a group of community health workers to enable the continuation of our collective efforts and to provide support to the local health department.
We need medical and non-medical volunteers to help in training with:
- Simple counselling techniques.
- Home visiting guidelines and best practise.
- Managing and Protecting data.
- Working as a team.
This will be our first trip to the Amhara Region of Ethiopia, and we are very excited about this new venture.
Working in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health we aim to:
- Carry our surveys on the current level of Cancer awareness.
- Carry out Breast, Cervical and Prostate Cancer screenings.
- Train local health workers.
We invite volunteers from across the globe. Come join us as we continue to take little steps that make a difference.